Frequently Asked Questions
Beyond Warehousing is a full-service 3PL warehousing company offering storage, distribution, and e-commerce fulfillment solutions. We also provide value-added services such as kitting, assembly, transportation coordination, reverse logistics, and more.View Beyond Warehousing Services Graphic
- Food Products Requiring Ambient Warehouse – Our warehouses undergo intense AIB audits and are BRCGS certified for the storage and distribution of food products.
- Retail Industry – Beyond Warehousing has extensive processes in place to meet various vendor compliance programs set by retailers. Our team has helped improve scorecard ratings with even the toughest retailer programs.
- Pet Products – CenterPoint, a division of Beyond Warehousing, handles only pet products.
- Manufacturing – We have a number of clients that store products with us prior to or directly after manufacturing.
What measures are in place to prevent delays in handling imported containers, especially during peak periods?
Our proximity to the rail and BNSF intermodal facility has led to a large portion of our inbound volume being imported containers. Our team is very experienced in handling floor-loaded containers quickly to avoid demurrage fees.
Good communication regarding expected volumes allows Beyond Warehousing to create a dynamic labor plan. During random influxes, our team will utilize overtime triggers and, if necessary, supplement with temporary labor in low quality-risk positions.
Ensuring quality and reducing risk of damages/shrinkage loss is a multi-prong approach.
- Training – Beyond trains all employees on processes and on MHE, when applicable. New employees generally start in low-risk positions like unloading or picking product, which are followed by additional quality checks.
- Warehouse Layout – There is a tradeoff between storage capacity and damages. Using a tight aisle width, like 9’6”, ensures that a warehouse can hold as much as possible. However, the risk of damages increase with a narrower aisle. Beyond has found that a slightly wider aisle, of 10’6″-11’0”, provides additional space to maneuver MHE and lowers damage rates during the putaway and picking process.
What are your business operating days/hours? Are there options to extend those for special projects?
- Intro Call with Onboarding – Review scope of work
- Gather Necessary Documentation (i.e. master sku list, SOP’s, billing profile)
- Call with Beyond Warehousing Team – Discuss project
- First Inbound of Product Allow 72-96 hours for dock-to-stock, identify painpoints, and debrief
- First Outbound of Product Allow for advanced notice, review labels, take photos, account management review, and debrief
- 90 Day Review – Meet with Account Management
Beyond Warehousing has four locations within the Kansas City metro area. See address information below.
Beyond Warehousing has over 1 million square feet of warehouse space in the Kansas City metro. You can view specific location capacities on our locations page. We are also part of the NorthPoint family of companies. Our relationship with NorthPoint Development provides access to temporary warehouse space throughout the Kansas City area. We have leveraged this relationship to obtain temporary space for our clients in the past.Contact our team to learn about available capacity in our warehouses.
Beyond Warehousing was founded to fill a need for customer-focused warehousing solutions. We listen to the needs of our clients and work to solve problems. View our client success team’s performance metrics below.
- Average Response Time: 51 minutes
- First Resolution Time: 2.1 hours
- Ticket Open to Close Time: 4.2 hours
Each week, the Director of Operations chairs the weekly OTAAR (Operational Tactical After-Action Review) meeting.
Any team member can submit an event for OTAAR review. The purpose of the OTAAR is to identify:
- What were the intentions?
- What happened?
- What can we learn?
- What should we do next time?
- What should we do now?
Each owner of an OTAAR item is required to deep-dive the issue to full completion. All issues (internal and external) are reviewed weekly with a senior leader and the building’s operation, quality, and customer service leaders. The root cause is identified, appropriate changes in process are implemented. Findings are shared across locations and processes are updated based on the results.
Does Beyond Warehousing have an assigned person to my account? If not, how do you make sure your customer service team understands my company's products and requirements?
Each client is assigned a Client Success Representative to communicate with throughout the day. This individual will be an extension to our client’s business and help with the day-to-day questions or assignments.
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are created and stored on the shared drive within the Beyond Warehousing network. All SOPs are refined at the site level and go through an approval process prior to posting. All Beyond Warehousing buildings share the same WMS, so the SOPs are standard across all buildings. The only variance comes to play with specific customers and their unique requirements. These client-specific requirements are added as additional SOPS and included on our Wiki page.
Shipping and Transportation
Pricing and Quotes
Beyond Warehousing’s pricing structure is primarily transactional, with rates proposed for specific activities or transactions within the warehouse. However, there are circumstances where we may utilize another structure, such as an all-in rate (ex: one-off transload project) or a labor-based structure (ex: additional work not in the original agreed-upon scope).
To better understand how 3PL pricing works, check out our blog post, “3PL Pricing: Understanding Warehousing and Fulfillment Costs.”
About Beyond Warehousing
All Beyond Warehousing new hires go through our onboarding program. The initial onboarding phase can last up to 4 days (depending on their role); to include driving of equipment.
Once the new hire successfully completes the on-boarding program they are moved to the floor to their assigned duty location. It is expected that every new hire has a 4-week ramp period to learn their new role. During this period, they are evaluated by both their supervisor and trainer. Any deficiencies or failure to achieve the standard is highlighted and focused.
Following the first 90 days, all new hires are assessed by their supervisor. The review will cover safety, dependability, quality focus, job knowledge, work standards, teamwork, communication, initiative, adaptability, and training.
Responsiveness – We are committed to providing excellent and timely customer service to all clients.
Flexibility – Beyond Warehousing provides customized solutions to meet unique client needs. We have flexibility to expand or reduce services when needed.
Transparency – We are straightforward and honest in everything from rates to capabilities. Misleading or inaccurate information will inhibit a sustainable and long-term partnership.
Integration and Technology
Still Have Questions? Reach Out to Our Team.
Recent Blog Posts
Unlike specialized storage solutions, ambient warehousing offers the flexibility to accommodate a wide range of goods, from dry food products to electronics, without the need for costly climate control systems. What is Ambient Storage? Ambient storage refers to the storage of products in a non-
Projected to hit $1.31 trillion by 2024, the growth of the global third-party logistics (3PL) market reflects a significant shift in how businesses handle warehousing and fulfillment complexities. Navigating the modern supply chain landscape requires a strategic approach, and for many businesses, this involves the
In the world of business procurement, the search for the best value is a common goal; to make the right choices from the beginning, avoid regrets, and ensure long-term success with vendors.However, when it comes to the complex realm of 3PL pricing, it is common